Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An interesting start to a blog...

It is incredible how far we come in our lives and the level of uncertainty that we all experience and come to respect as normalcy.  Looking back on the past 4 years, I can honestly say I have made some of the biggest mistakes of my life, but also the best decisions of my life.  I'm not the best at keeping a journal and never have been.  Even though I like writing, typing is so much faster and I feel that a blog is now a good way to keep a record of my thoughts and experiences.

It has been more than a year and a half now since I proposed to the love of my life, who currently resides in Ecuador.  I have been through more than 5 jobs in the last two years, trying to improve my status in this life and drag myself out of the financial problems I have created.  I was making pretty good headway in that regard until about 2 and a half months ago when I had some fairly serious health issues.

Three visits to the ER since May 20 and other problems have made it difficult once again to make any headway of pulling myself out of financial strain in any regard.  I have been so stressed lately, which may have led to some of the health problems, but I cannot express enough how important the Prophets' words have been to stay out of debt.  Just four years ago, I had no such problems, but because of little things here and there and me not realizing how quickly it was catching up to me, I soon realized the gravity of the situation I had put myself in.

I started a new job this year with Delta Air Lines and on the very same day began attending school again.  I now have about a year left to finish my Bachelor's degree and am looking forward to hopefully moving up to a professional level job while I pursue my Master's degree and further certifications.  I want so much to be with my fiance but due to my personal choices have made it impossible to do so for the moment except for visiting.

With an anticipated move to Atlanta this September to further my career and get settled in down there for when I graduate, more complications have obviously arisen.  I have learned a valuable lesson, though.  People can come and go in your life . . . it doesn't matter who they are . . . but God never will.  He is always there, it's just a matter of if I will ask him for help and keep the relationship good to live worthy of that help.

My schedule at work recently changed and it felt so good to attend church for the first time in months.  Giving a portion of what the Lord has given me back to Him to use where needed to build the kingdom had never felt so good.  I have had an extremely rough past couple of days, and will probably cut this post short, but I hope that someone will learn from my experiences to at least avoid debt like the plague and always remain close to God.  May the heavens smile down upon all of you in your pursuit of happiness.

Regards,
Jakob

No comments:

Post a Comment