Saturday, November 9, 2013

Concerns of our Country

I have had a fair number of things on my mind lately, one of which being the poverty I see on a daily basis . . . Life is hard enough without having to worry about where the next meal will come from or if it will even come.  It is hard enough having struggles in the home and at work.  Life is hard, plain and simple . . . I rarely post anything political and am posting this as a blog so that only those who choose to read it will see it.  Some of my thoughts are as follows:

 ====================================================

Having a President that doesn't care about the very foundation this country was built on . . . a President who cares more about pleasing foreign dictators than the God in whom this country supposedly trusts in.  I am grateful to live in a country that does have some freedom, but at the rate our "fearless leader" is going, I cannot imagine that those freedoms would be around much longer.  All our president would need to do is go to just about any web page and he would see the damage and chaos he is creating on the country he promised to serve.

A true leader who has compassion for the people he serves shows personal sacrifice.  I am all about needing a break and taking a vacation, but I also feel that that is only deserved after I have done something productive, and even then that vacation needs to fit within my budget after all responsibilities are taken care of.  Spending more time on foreign soil and unnecessary amounts of money on unearned vacations is devastating.  It is to the point where it is almost embarrassing to proclaim that I am an American. 

I want our President to know, that regardless of repeated mistakes you make on a daily basis and the manipulation that is evident through your speeches, not only to the general public, but also to the House, I pray for you.  Although I did not vote for you, I am powerless to rid this country of the misery you have imposed upon it, but I do know that God is more powerful than everything in this world and can work miracles in our lives if we choose to allow Him.  No one here is perfect, Mr. President, everyone makes mistakes.  However, will you allow God to work miracles through you to ease the imminent captivity you have forced upon those who provide your lucrative paycheck and lifestyle?

I know more about debt than I ever wanted to, and to see what you are doing on no minor scale is terrifying to say the least.  I will give you this, Mr. President, you are cunning with your words, but both of us know, as well as the rest of this country, that words are nothing without action . . . words without action are nothing more than false promises.  I'm afraid this country is in a state, however, where even if you did begin to follow through with spoken and implied promises, most would not follow.

I implore you to look around at the suffering people you swore before God to help.  You swore before God and if you ask Him and allow Him, he will help you.  You may never see this, but there are cries in the night throughout the country, cries that yearn for not just a better world, but even simply a world where they can have enough to provide for their families.  I am one of those citizens, Mr. President and as an individual engaged to be married, I'm not sure I can afford to live in a country where someone we should be able to look up to for guidance and direction cannot be trusted or offer what is needed.

I am grateful for everything I have, but seeing more than millions of dollars spent on frivolous ideas makes me sick.  Invested properly, that money could have saved lives in many different capacities.  Obamacare is just one of many examples, but I will use it since it is most widely known.  The massive amount of money spent on Obamacare and other ideas could have been used in a better way.  You are spending money that we just don't have, Mr. President.  Our country hasn't had money for some time now . . . what happens when those foreign leaders come requesting our payment and we have nothing to give? . . .

A man never stands taller than when he is on his knees . . . we are praying for you, Mr. President, and it would be incredible to know our president was doing the same for us and with us.  We as a country are in no condition to be spending money, period.  We need to go back to the basics of food, shelter, and clothing.  I see people daily that do not even have that and I have even been there before myself.  Show us that you deserve the office and responsibility you were given.

Sincerely,

One of many concerned citizens

1 comment: