Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Preparation & Perseverance

It has been another interesting week.  Saturday night I was driving home from work and had a run-in with some drunk drivers that were all over the place speeding up, slamming on brakes, swerving. Needless to say, they were arrested as I called 911 and the police waited for me in the parking lot that I led the drunk drivers to when they started to follow me.  Never a dull moment in Utah . . .

I have been packing and getting ready for the move next month and am excited to be moving on with my life and creating more opportunities to succeed and achieve happiness.  I am moving to Atlanta with one of my best friends and am glad I will have someone to talk and laugh with once in awhile instead of just going home to myself.

Most of all, I am looking forward to being only one flight away from Ecuador and am excited that I can just jump on a plane when I want to to go and see my fiance and her family (time-off permitting of course).  It has been a hard past few months and I am still in the thick of things, but am grateful to at least be moving forward, even if it is at the pace of a snail.

I have been wanting to go fishing lately and hope I can do that sometime while I am living in Georgia.  That will most likely be where my fiance and I end up settling, so it would be good to find all of the good fishing spots before we have kids, so I know where to take them, and especially where to take my dad when he comes down to visit.

My fiance and her mom are working on getting their visas to come up for a visit and I am so excited for that!  It would be wonderful if they could come up, even if it is just for a short visit.  I have thoroughly enjoyed my visits to Ecuador and would love to show them (and the rest of their family, too) what the USA has to offer.  I'm thinking a trip to Big Jud's is in store . . . yum!

It has been a real blessing to be able to travel anywhere I need to without incurring extra debt.  I have been enjoying coming to Idaho to see my parents and am actually up there right now for the second week in a row.  My mom and I are going to get some stuff organized around the house and I am excited to spend some time with her and my dad.

It's really funny how growing up can seem like such a nightmare at times, but when you are out on your own, what used to appear as gargantuan problems are now miniscule.  Life is an uncertain journey and each moment needs to be cherished as much as possible, because once it's gone . . . it's gone.

Looking back, there are many things I could have done better . . . many, many things, but if I were to have done them better at that time, I may not have learned the lesson and made a mistake to a greater extent later on down the road.  The term "no regrets" is only accurate if we take our experiences and learn from them, implementing the lesson into our everyday lives.

Well, I need to get some homework done . . . I graduate next year!  Whoot!  To anyone who reads this, I wish you the best and hope you make the most out of this new day . . . if we can make just one person smile today, we have helped a child of God and that will not go unnoticed at the last day.  Love you all and have a great rest of the week!

Jakob

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing blog that I will continue to follow. Love you. .....Dad.

    ReplyDelete